Much can be said about this barbell-lifting, public-speaking, beauty queen fascinated with health, wellness and music-making.
This singer-songwriter’s soulful and raspy voice reminds us of Amy Winehouse, Stevie Nicks, Janis Joplin, Macy Gray and Aretha Franklin. While her songwriting style shares stories and poetic-rhymes from her experiences.Spotify
I debuted my 6-track EP released under my name thanks to a digital music competition between Universal Music Japan and Spinnup Japan. There are so many songs I have written throughout the past two decades that I’d love to share but for now, I thought to limit it to six which I felt best suit the situation at hand across the globe.
- Make It Out Alive is an anthem to 2020’s socio-political events; where life turned into a dream having to be quarantined indoors because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, this brought rising cases of anxiety and loneliness, global media focus on the presidential elections of the United States of America, and unemployment rate across the world.
- Strong & Invincible goes out to husband and wives, people in long-distance relationships and/or lovers separated between boarders due to country lockdowns. May this keep you hopeful and faithful to stay committed during these tough times.
- Just Pray is about the passing of my beloved uncle when I was nineteen. An abrupt passing that changed my life forever. This song goes out to anyone who lost a loved one.
- Written when I was fourteen, Run Run Run is the oldest song on the EP. The song is a story within my mind at the time. Listen carefully and sing-a-long.
- My grandmother passed when I was fourteen, and my uncle when I was nineteen so Heartstrong was written as a method to cope and find strength. Helping me remember them and find inspiration, singing this lullaby as a method of meditation.
- Growing up in Cebu (Philippines) rap and raggae has a huge influence in the local art and music scene. Changeling was written when I was seventeen, at the end of high-school years trying to find my identity and empowering the self.
There are so many special songs I have written and would love to share to the world. This pandemic made me realise how precious our lifetime is, so I finally gathered the courage and right opportunity to share what helped me get through my troubles. I hope they give you the inspiration and hope too.
Enjoy the Raine Baljak EP. It is a tease for the meantime as we wait for more music to be released